WHERE WE ARE and HOW TO GET HERE
Chalet Tropical Village is located in the North Coast of the Dominican Republic, on the eastern tip of the peninsula of Samana, Las Galeras. Although it is certainly the most geographically isolated spot of the whole Dominican Republic, Las Galeras can be easily reached from the airport by bus, car or taxi. You can rely on our assistance to arrange the transfer from the airport to your cottage. With our advices, you’ll be able to travel in maximum security, comfort and convenience. On the island of Santo Domingo there are 7 international airports. Here is a complete list: 1) Samana AZS, 2) Santo Domingo SDQ, 3) Puerto Plata, POP, 4) Santiago de ITS, 5) LRM La Romana, 6) PUJ Punta Cana, 7) Bayahibe. There are also several local airports for internal links (those closest to Samana are Arroyo Barril or El Portillo).
Chalet Tropical Village offers low prices and excellent service for any journey, through ultra-comfortable (large mini-buses, up to 10 people) with air conditioning and taxi drivers with the confidence that we coordinate all of your relocation.
RENTAL of CAR - MOTORBIKES
In collaboration with the local agencies, we can help you having convenient rates for rental car, motorbikes or whatever you’d like to have. If you are thinking on arrival by car, directly from the airport, you’ll have to plan to travel with the daylight: Dominican roads (without light, indication and more with lots of holes) are not recommendable in the darkness.
From the airport of Samana AZS (El Catey):
- By taxi, in slightly over 1 hour from the airport to your final destination (fare 90 USD).
From SDQ Santo Domingo (Las Americas Airport):
- By taxi, in about 2 ½ hours (price 180 USD);
- By car in about 4 hours, taking the new motorway from the Avenida Las Americas, with direction "Samana”, Las Galeras and following up (in Santo Domingo - Sanchez - Samana - Las Galeras). - By bus (Caribbean Tour times 8:00, 10:00, 14:30, 16:30, by nearly $ 10 per person) to Samana in 2 ½ hours, and then taxi to your destination in 45 minutes ($ 30)
From Puerto Plata (POP Gregorio Luperon Airport):
- By taxi, in about 3 ½ hours (price $ 190); - By car, in about 4-5 hours (for Sosua - Rio San Juan - Nagua - Sanchez - Samana - Las Galeras).
- By bus (the typical "bus") to Samana in about 5-6 hours, and then taxi to your destination in 45 minutes ($ 30)
From La Romana LRM, PUJ Punta Cana or Bayahibe:
== Passing for Santo Domingo (via road):
- By taxi in about 4 hours from La Romana - 5 hours from Punta Cana / Bahiaybe (type 290 - 350 USD); - By car, with about 5-7 hours (by Santo Domingo, Sanchez, Samana, Las Galeras); - By buses: changing, taking the first to Santo Domingo, then another to Samana in about 6-7 hours in total, and then taxi to your destination in 45 minutes ($ 30).
== Passing for Sabana de la Mar (via sea):
- By bus (5h) or taxi (3h, 180 USD) to Sabana de La Mar, and then by ferry (passengers only) to Samana
(1 ½ hours with time 9:00, 11:00, 15:00, 17:00), and finally a taxi to your destination in 45 minutes ($ 30). Please, contact us in advance for any enquiries.